Monday, February 15, 2010

TCCL's 28 Things

Okay, I am very excited about doing this. Technology wows me - I am an unabashed geek. I remember the thrill when my mom took me to the store to buy my very first transistor radio (yes, I am that old).  And, having caught Beatlemania several years after the Beatles had disbanded, I remember patiently recording "A Hard Day's Night" on my cassette recorder when it showed on tv, grateful to capture just the sound but thinking: "Wouldn't it be fantastic if I had some sort of cassette that would also get the video... Nah! Like that would ever happen in *my* lifetime!" Well.

Fast forward (with blazing speed!) to today. I become interested in photography so I buy a camera, I read books, I join a club AND I also take advantage of the many tutorials on YouTube. I subscribe to the "Photoshop User TV" podcast and download it to my iphone. How's that for a learning toolkit?

I  feel spoiled by how easy it is to instantly find information about anything that spikes my curiosity. So I want to know the name of that song playing on the radio? I can hold my phone up to it and find out. Would I like to find other people who also collect marbles and like to talk about it? Well, there's a forum for that!

I'm looking forward to going through 28 things. I love the way it's been put together and, though I've already used many of these sites and technologies, I can't wait to explore them in more depth. Should learning be this much fun? Yes, indeed!  Segue into the next post...

2 comments:

  1. AL:
    This is a great story of coming to embrace technology simply by jumping in feet first! I'm looking forward to following your progress on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :-) I'm really enjoying this course!

    ReplyDelete