Sunday, March 14, 2010

Thing # 9

    Of the news feed search sites explored in this "thing", the one that I've used is Google Reader's "explore" and "browse for stuff" options. When I first started using Google Reader I grabbed a few bundles covering topics that I'm interested in (this is what I'm in the process of trimming right now). I found many interesting feeds this way (some of which I'll even stay subscribed to :-)).

Topix: I input my area code - this may be a good way to keep up on Sand Springs news.

Technorati: Will bear more exploring. I'm looking through the "top 100". I'm subscribed to a few of those.

Syndic8: Not crazy about the interface.

   I don't know how much I will be actively looking for feeds by using these search engines. I tend to add feeds of sites I visit often. Most of these I've discovered through browsing, searching on Google, or being referred to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment