Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Thing #15 Library 2.0

From one of the articles: "Exposing our metadata to initiatives like the Open WorldCat Project can make resources discoverable in many more settings, well beyond local online catalogs that were the original destination for the metadata. Done thoughtfully, with the advocacy and coordination of a bibliographic utility, such as OCLC, we can avoid the duplication of records in search result displays that would occur if every consortium were acting individually. Through RSS feeds, libraries can package and push their content to users’ preferred working places." 

From my perspective as a library customer, it is both exciting and amazing to me how much I can take advantage of library services from my own home and how quickly that accessibility is expanding.

1 comment:

  1. I thoroughly agree that this new capability to do most anything in record speed is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete